Apr 19, 2016
Episode 80 of the Guru Performance 'We Do Science' Podcast! In
this episode I (Laurent Bannock) discuss 'Athlete Immune Health'
with Professor Neil Walsh, Bangor University, UK. In this session
we get into:
- Defining Immunity
- Immune Function & Performance
- Are upper respiratory tract infections a problem for
- Recommendations for avoiding infection
- How does stress alter immunity?
- Key factors that lower immunity in athletes and recommendations
(Training stress, Life stress, Poor
sleep, Environmental stress, Poor nutrition)
- Can we monitor immunity to predict infection in athletes?
Checkout our other podcasts, video blogs and articles on all
things performance nutrition at www.GuruPerformance.com