Jun 26, 2019
Episode 114 of the Guru Performance 'We Do Science'
podcast! In this episode, I (Laurent Bannock) discuss "The Global
Sports Nutrition Practitioner" with Dan Kings MSc MBA (Assistant
Director Sports Science, Aspetar, Qatar).
In this session we get into:
- Cultural diversity and its relevance to the sports
nutritionist, sport scientist, S&C Coach etc
- The global sports nutritionist: what does this mean
and why it's important to become one
- Cultural differences (i.e. beliefs, traditions,
social and religious traits etc)
- Practitioner competencies and the vital importance
of developing and enhancing "soft skills"
- CQ: defining "Cultural Intelligence" and its importance to the
practitioners' "soft skills"
- Implications to both research and practice in sport
& exercise science and nutrition
Check out our other podcasts, publications, events,
and professional education programs for current and aspiring sports
nutritionists at www.GuruPerformance.com